SERBIAN COUNCIL OF GREAT BRITAIN
Read more about our mission and aims
The Serbian Council of Great Britain (SCGB) is an independent, non-profit, and non-political organisation established to promote the interests of the Serbian community in Great Britain.
SCGB was founded in London in February 2004 after over a year of intensive consultations within the Serbian community in Great Britain. In developing our aims we sought to obtain support and advice from existing diaspora organisations and a range of prominent individuals from all walks of life. Our membership reflects this aim, with members coming from diverse backgrounds,
- To act generally for the benefit of individuals who are Serbian or of Serbian descent living in Great Britain without distinction of gender, race, religion or political orientation;
- To promote development of the Serbian community in Great Britain, particularly through co-operation with existing similar-minded organisations of Serbian diaspora in Great Britain and worldwide;
- To advance education in, and awareness of, Serbian history, culture and heritage;
- To assist members of the Serbian community in maintaining and developing strong ties with Serbia and other territories with Serbian historical and cultural heritage;
- To promote good relations between individuals who are Serbian or of Serbian descent living in Great Britain and persons of other ethnic or racial groups;
- To promote and represent the interests of individuals who are Serbian or of Serbian descent living in Great Britain in relation to governmental and non-governmental organisations in Serbia and in Great Britain.